At some point in his life, every man takes the brave decision to grow a beard. And, why not? Voluminous facial hair might be all the rage these days - but men have grown beards since time immemorial. Some believe healthy beard growth helps attract a mate while others believe that it reflects a higher social standing. But, like all good things, a top-notch beard requires effort and patience.
Developing a great beard can be broken down into 4 simple steps - Grow, Cleanse, Nourish and Style. We wish you and your whiskers all the very best.
Growing a great beard requires perseverance and patience, primarily because beard growth rate largely depends on personal genetics and hormones. The two hormones that are responsible for beard growth are testosterone and dihydrotestosterone or DHT. Testosterone defines the thickness of your hair and DHT the density. Men who have lower amount of these hormones will have a sparser beard. But just because hormones play such a critical role in beard growth does not mean that one cannot aid growth in other ways.
Fortunately, there are many things that one can actually do to maximise beard growth:
5 tips for better faster beard growth
1) The Exfoliation & Oiling Regimen - You must exfoliate your beard skin gently with a good exfoliating cream/wash to get rid of dead skin, which causes problems like acne, beard-ruff and hair fall.
Then apply a rich, nourishing oil to strengthen beard follicles. Why? Our face in general and hair follicles in particular generate natural oils that keep our face hydrated and supple. This allows the hair to grow without hindrance and with right nourishment. Due to our lifestyles and daily wear and tear, these oils sometimes dry up and we need to rejuvenate them. Regular application of a good oil with natural essential oils helps hair growth by facilitating this process.
2) Workout & a Healthy Diet - A healthy body will have a healthy beard. Ensure to eat food that is rich in protein - chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, and yogurt. These nutrients boost the production of sebum that lubricates skin and hair. Rich sources of vitamins C and E include almonds, broccoli, fruits, spinach, green peppers, sunflower seeds, mangoes, and peanut butter.
3) Sleep well - A well-rested body balances hormone levels optimally. For a denser and even growth of beard, sleeping plays a vital role too.
4) Avoid using too many chemicals on your beard, this may lead to skin damage, hair fall, acne and other skin related issues.
5) Style your beard to give your face a perfect cut - If you have a square/circular face, grow a beard with length. On the other hand, if you have a longer face, grow a beard that adds depth.
Finally, commit to the process. In the first month, you might feel like the beard is growing in unevenly. This is normal as hair on different parts of the face have different growth rates). It might be itchy and prickly. Don't worry, this is all temporary. Use a soothing beard growth oil at night to moisturise your skin and enhance your natural skin oils. Use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to rub the oil into your beard and skin. After 4-6 weeks, you will notice your beard behaving itself.
Our Beard Growth Oil is a fantastic formulation of natural Vetiver root oil and 4 essential oils. The oil fights patchiness and hair fall leading to healthier, thicker more even growth.