If you have the will, desire, and conviction, you can change anything. Be it your house, car, sometimes your job, but one thing that you cannot change is your skin. Rather your skin’s natural ageing process.
Everyone loves taut, spotless and glowing skin. But as you grow older, you realise that there is no magic potion or a fountain to recoup your youthful skin. Also, not everyone is Benjamin Button. Here are a few tips make your skin younger again.
- Protection from the Sun: Whether spending a day at the beach or running errands, sun protection is essential. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 (or higher), and water-resistant. You should apply sunscreen every day to all skin that is not covered by clothing.
- Hydration and Moisturisation:Even with a small amount of dehydration, your body functions in a less optimal way. The instant you're dehydrated, it will take a toll on your skin, causing it to look dull, flaky, saggy and loose. Just as your body needs an average of at least 1.5 litres of water a day, your skin needs hydration to stay youthful and healthy. Apply moisturizer that is adapted to your skin type’s needs, especially in the areas that are exposed to the sun.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions: When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent. Wearing sunglasses can help reduce lines caused by squinting.
- Sleeping tight and Stress: You skin rejuvenates and repairs itself mostly while you are asleep. Make sure that you not only sleep for eight hours a night, but that it is quality sleep. Stress can contribute to making your skin age prematurely. Some relaxation methods, such as meditation and massages, can help prevent and fight this phenomenon.
- Eating Right: Incorporating foods such as avocados, olive oil, flax seeds, nuts and fish into your diet is important. The fatty acids are crucial for your skin to look youthful. Antioxidants are the best resources your body has to fight disease and aging by reducing damage and inflammation. Inflammation is a leading cause of wrinkle formation.
- Grooming Habits: Stop using skin care products that sting or burn. When your skin burns or stings, it means your skin is irritated. Irritating your skin can make it look older. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, irritates the skin, so you want to wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating. Scrubbing your skin clean can irritate your skin. Irritating your skin accelerates skin aging. Gentle washing helps to remove pollution, makeup, and other substances without irritating your skin.
- Cleansing your body: A build up of toxins in the body due to the air, water and food cause damage to the body as well as aging. Detoxing by way of a juice cleanse is recommended for the body to be able to focus on energy production and eliminating toxins. Having a glass of water with squeezed lemon first thing in the mornings is also very cleansing.